contoh percakapan / conversation bahasa inggris, melanggar peraturan lalu lintas / terkena tilang polisi








Police: “I need to see your driving license.”
John: “Of course, here you go.”
Police: “Your driving license has expired, sir.”
John:  “Really? I don’t realize it.”
Police: “Yes, and you have violated the traffic rule.”
John: “I didn’t commit any offense.”
Police:  “You skipped the red light; your negligence may have caused the accident.”
John: “I beg your pardon. I didn’t realize it.”
Police: “As a driver, you must follow the traffic rules.”
John: “I’m sorry. I’ll drive carefully and cautiously from now on.”
Police: “Good, don’t endanger your life and others.”
John: “I’m really sorry, sir.”
Police: “You must come with me to the police station.”
John: “Why?”
Police: “You must pay a fine for your driving license.”
John: “Can I just pay right now.”
Police: “No, you still have to come with me.”
John: “But………..”
Police: “There are some procedures you need  to get through.”
John: “I really need to go to my office soon.”
Police: “Sure, you can go if you’re not violating anything.”
John: “Sure, sure….”
Police: “It depends on your defense statement; your car may be detained.”
John: “Oh please, how can I avoid that?”
Police: “You may just follow along with the charges and tell them you did mishaps.”
John: “Anything else?”
Police: “That would prevent them from charging you severely.”
John: “Alright, thanks a lot for the advice.”

Unfamiliar Words
1.       Prevent                = mencegah
2.       Violated               = melanggar
3.       Commit               = melakukan
4.       Offence               = pelanggaran
5.       Negligence          = kelalaian
6.       Pardon                 = pengampunan
7.       Cautiously           = dengan hati-hati
8.       Endanger             = membahayakan
9.       Detained             = menangkap
10  Mishap                 = kecelakaan

By: Elizabeth Septiani M & Isa Dora

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beda tugas akhir (final project) mahasiswa tingkat Sarjana (S-1), Magister (S-2), dan Doktoral (S-3)

Assalamu'alaikum Wr Wb. Setelah hampir enam tahun lamanya, saya membuka kembali blog ini. Kali ini saya akan share sedikit perbedaan po...